Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

This Thanksgiving was a little bit different than previous Thanksgivings.  I had to hang around College Station for work, so my family decided to come to us. We had a wonderful weekend, with most of them arriving on Friday afternoon.  We relaxed, cooked, played, shopped, laughed, threw a balloon into the fan over and over again {thanks, Uncle Zach, for teaching Bryson this exciting new game...}  :), and really enjoyed each other's company. We took some time to really examine the many blessings in our lives, and I was definitely overwhelmed with it all. We have been so blessed and can see God's goodness all around us. I am so thankful for a season that makes me slow down and really examine what this life is all about.
Here are a few pictures from our time together this Thanksgiving weekend:
I made a lemon pie (using my Nanny's recipe). Bryson somehow managed to find the lemon rinds and was sucking out the remainder of the juice! Crazy kid!
He was climbing on a box {that he was NOT supposed to be climbing on!}. I told him to get down, and when he turned around, this is what we saw...
Amy cooking...
 My mom and dad just got back from a trip to Washington, D.C.  They found these hats for us. Gotta love souvenirs!
Found my shoes!
Visiting...
Bryson's second Thanksgiving dinner!
 We decided that we want Bryson to understand the true meaning of the holiday season. I read a blog called Joy's Hope, and stumbled across this idea one day.  I loved it and knew that I wanted to start this tradition in my own family. So, I sent out an email with a sign up sheet for anyone that wanted to participate. My family is AMAZING! Not only did they all want to participate, but they brought so many items I was afraid it wouldn't all fit in one bag. We ended up with over 30 bags to take to the Mission (a local homeless shelter), and Matt, Shannon, Zach, and Amy each took a few for their cars. Blessed to Bless bags. This will be a tradition in the Ruple household for many years to come.
"You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God."
2 Corinthians 9:11
****************************************
What an amazing holiday! On Sunday afternoon we put up our Christmas tree {pictures to come}. Bryson is loving it and just goes around saying "tree" all day and pointing to it. I am focusing on slowing down and enjoying these sweet moments with my {not for long!} toddler. We are blessed beyond blessed.
Happy Thanksgiving! 

2 comments:

  1. Glad you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    And I know we don't live in CS anymore, but I would love to help next year! So please include us in the e-mail. ;)

    Love you and miss you all DEARLY!

    -Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Thanksgiving you guys had with new traditions to start. I want the details about your project you did, what a great idea and tradition to share with Bryson. Enjoyed seeing pictures of your family.

    ReplyDelete